The Practice was first established by Dr Cecil Nelson acquired the surgery from Dr Strock in 1926 and was based at 5 Peelhouse Lane, Widnes.
Dr Nelson ran it as a single handed Practice until he was joined by Dr Christopher Imison in 1955 when the surgery had moved to 1 Peelhouse Lane, Widnes the year before.
Following the retirement of Dr Nelson in 1960 the practice was greatly enlarged by the amalgamation with Dr Neville Woodier who had a practice 151 Birchfield Road, his partner Dr Edwards having died in 1962.
The practice continued with little change until the present partners who had joined Dr S J Edwards in 1974, Dr P L Hurst in 1984, Dr C P Hallam in 1987 (retired Feb 2015), Dr C S J Woodforde in 1996, Dr M M McLaughlin in 2003, Dr K R Botham in 2007 , Dr L Jermin in 2015 and Dr PC Cowley in 2016.
In the recent years the Practice has been joined by Dr K H Wong (2022).
The surgery moved in 2001 having undertaking a total renovation of the current premises. The premises had been built in 1937 and opened at The Plaza Cinema. The Plaza Cinema closed in the 1960’s and was converted into a bingo hall with the Apollo chain taking over until it was finally closed in 1988.
The refurbishment to provide the modern and spacious accommodation needed for the growing Practice.